I crave chocolatey treats just as much as the next person, hard to believe that these guys are #sugarfree, #paleo, #vegan (optional) and #glutenfree! Talk about a win!
1 cup Pureed Beets
1/4 cup Cacao powder & 3 tbs Cacao for icing
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbs Coconut Oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 egg or Flax egg (see note)
1 tbs Rose water
3 Medjool Dates
FOR THE BROWNIE:
- Pre heat oven to 400' F.
- Combine Beet puree and dates in a blender til both a super smooth.
- Add Cacao powder, Coconut Flour, Egg, 3 tbs Coconut oil, Baking Powder, Rose water and Almond milk to the beet mix and combine until a batter is formed.
- Spray brownie tray with Coconut oil, and spread batter on tray about 1 inch thick.
- Cook for 20minutes @ 400'F.
- Allow to cool in pan
- Combine 3 tbs Cacao Powder, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs hot water to make icing thick. Add more coconut oil if you would like a harder chocolate icing as the final product.
- Take Brownie out of pan once cooled
- Spread icing over Brownie
- As it sets spritz with rose water and cover in rose petals.
*Flax egg is 2 tbs of ground flax meal combined with 2 tbs of hot water.