I'm all about the superfoods and these bad boys are packed with them!! I'm convinced the more I eat I get closer and closer to becoming a super hero right?! 😜
These babies tick all the boxes, they are paleo, vegan, gluten free and sugar-free which makes them the perfect afternoon pick me up and will fill that chocolate craving or even as a pre workout energy boost. I've perfected the recipe so no the matcha does not taste "too green" or like dirt.
Ok so here's a quick run down on our key players here.
Matcha: Matcha is the queen bee of superfoods. 100% pure organic green tea leaves ground into powder. It contains up to 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea, a great metabolic and energy boost.
Coconut oil: Ahhh hello weight loss friendly fat. Yes fat can be your friend! It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful positive effects on metabolism. It's also a great energy source too.
Lacuma powder: not only is his guy high is beta-carotene and iron but it's also a sugar free natural sweetener that has crazy delicious caramel vibes.
FOR THE BALLS
4 tbs coconut oil
1.5 tbs matcha powder
3/4 cup apple sauce
1 cup vanilla vegan pea protein
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbs lacuma
1/4 cashew butter
2 tbs water
FOR THE CHOC:
2 tbs coconut oil
4 tbs cacao powder
- Combine all dry ingredients for the balls in a bowl
- Add coconut oil, apple sauce, cashew butter and water. Fold til a dough like mix is formed
- Roll into balls about 1 inch or so big
- Place balls on a plate in the fridge
Now for the choc coating!
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat, place in a ramekin
- Add cacao powder and mix until a melted chocolate consistency is formed
- Take balls from fridge, one at a time dip in the choc mix, place on plate top with a pinch of desiccated coconut and matcha powder
- Keep in an air tight container in the fridge
- Too easy 💚💚💚💚💚💚
Calories per serve: 130