Cookie dough bites that are good for you?! Umm whaaaat?! Yup, this Another one that falls into the glutenfree, sugar free, paleo, vegan and chemical free categories. Generally I'm a huge fan of a protein ball but I have to admit that these would have to be up there with the best that I've had. Packed full of protein and good fats these balls are a great energy boost and free of any nasties. Super quick and easy to make annnnnnd they taste so god damn good it might be hard to keep them around for long.
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup pb2 powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup apple sauce
1 tbs lacuma powder
3/4 cup vegan vanilla protein
2 tbs desiccated coconut
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Take the peanuts and the cashews and give them a quick 5 Sec whiz in a bullet Bullet blender. The idea is to keep them rough and chunky, this will keep your balls texturally exciting. Transfer them to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the apple sauce and get mixing! The mixture should start to be getting a little dough like. You want this to stay on the dryer side but still mould-able. If it's too dry add 1 tbs of water and stir again.
- It's now time to be a baller and get Rollin'! Aim for balls about 1 inch or so in diameter. The mix should make around 15-17 balls depending on size.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge and enjoy!