An adaption from my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls, these guys are not only delicious but magical too. Because everyone needs some sparkle in their life, right?!
Using beetroot powder and blue algae to flavor and color the balls with their superfood goodness and edible glitter to make them shine, these are one of those instagrammable treats that are good all around.
UNICORN PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup pb2 powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup apple sauce
1 tbs lacuma powder
3/4 cup vegan vanilla protein
2 tbs desiccated coconut
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tablespoons beetroot powder
2 tablespoons blue algae
- Take the peanuts and the cashews and give them a quick 5 Sec whiz in a bullet Bullet blender. The idea is to keep them rough and chunky, this will keep your balls texturally exciting. Transfer them to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the apple sauce and get mixing! The mixture should start to be getting a little dough like. You want this to stay on the dryer side but still mould-able. If it's too dry add 1 tbs of water and stir again.
- It's now time to be a baller and get Rollin'! Divide your batter into three bowls, adding the beetroot powder to one batch, the blue algae to another and keeping one third of the batter plain. Mix well.
- Aim for balls about 1 inch or so in diameter. The mix should make around 15-17 balls depending on size.
-Mix up your glitter and roll the balls through it! More glitter, less bitter!
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge and enjoy!