Ok so you all know I'm a huge fan of a protein ball and over the weekend I thought woaaaaaah what if I mix it up and made my own insanely delicious dessert like FUDGEY BERRY PROTEIN BARS!! Mind blown annnnnnnnd it got the huge thumbs up from all the family.
1 cup vanilla vegan protein
2 cups of defrosted frozen berries (don't drain them as the juice works really well in this)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 vanilla bean pod
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
- Blend the berries in a bullet blender until smooth. Add the cashew butter, coconut oil and the inside seeds of your vanilla bean and blend again. Pour contents into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal and protein powder to mix in the bowl and stir through.
- Take half of the freeze dried raspberries and gently fold through your mix, this looks a lot better chunky and works as little flavor explosions in the slice. Set mix aside.
- Line a medium sized brownie baking tray with waxed paper
- Add mix to the tray, spread about 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the remaining freeze dried raspberries on top, place in the freezer for 20mins
- Once hard, cut into squares 2x2 inches and these bad boys are ready to rock!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer, I kinda dig the frozen vibes on a super hot day but either option is pretty god damn delicious.
CALORIES : 215