As the temperature continues to rise so does my need for ice cream. I created these bad boys on the remnants of my cupboards, not only are they so high in protein they could double as post workout recovery but they are also the perfect dairy free healthy (sugarfree) sweet treat. Annnnnnnnd the best bit?! They are so insanely simple to make these are quickly going to become your go to.
4 scoops vanilla protein (this can be vegan or whey protein powder)
3 tbs pb2
3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao powder
- In a bullet blender add 3 tbs coconut oil, protein powder, pb2 and almond milk and blend until combined
- Pour in to ice pop moulds
- Freeze for 2 hrs
- Take out of the freezer and set aside for 5 mins
- Mean while in a ramekin combine 5 tbs of coconut oil and the cacao powder until a melted chocolate type consistency is formed.
- Take pops out of the moulds and dip into the choc one by one and place in mould upside down to set.
- Store in the freezer in an air tight container