I finally was introduced to Apple flour, my god, this could certainly be a game changer in healthy sweet treats. I had a play and a little experiment and BOOM. These guys were created in typical bec style (easy, no fuss, all ingredients in kinda style) and then very quickly eaten, they were that good.
3/4 Cup Apple flour (I used "Anti-grain" brand)
1/4 Cup Coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs ground flax
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of fresh raspberries
1/2 cup organic almond butter (opt for one thats sugar and salt free)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, add almond milk and form a dough like constistancy
- Line tray with baking paper, spray lightly with coconut oil
- Begin to make the COOKIES!! Get a heaped teaspoon of the mix, roll into a ball, place on baking tray and flatten. Keep about a half an inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool
- Now the fun bit!! Pair them up, Flatten two raspberries, 1 tsp of almond butter, sandwich them together and you got it!!