I'm a sucker for a meatball and I must admit I've finally done it, I've mastered the Turkey Meatball and it's super fucking delicious. The secret ingredient? Parsnip! Who knew hey?
1lb super lean turkey mince
1 cup grated parsnip
1/4 cup super finely chopped Onion
2 tbs thyme (fresh or dried)
2 tbs fresh basil chopped
3 tbs chickpea flour
3 tbs Tiger nut flour
1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 350 F.
- In a pan lightly sauté the grated parsnip for about three mins, then stir through the thyme and onion and continue to sauté for another 2mins.
- Take veggies off the heat and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl, stirring thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Take mix and make into mini meatballs, I used about a tbs of the mix per ball.
- Once balls are made lightly spray fry pan with coconut oil, once the pan is heated add the meatballs and cook until lightly browned.
- Take balls out of the fry pan and place on a baking sheet, place balls in the oven for 5-10 mins. This will make sure the balls are cooked all the way through and if you decide to double up and do an extra large mix then this will keep them warm or give you time to make a salad to go with them.
- Serve with tahini or salsa and ENJOY!