2 cups cauliflower heads
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
1/4 tsp sumac
Juice of one lemon
2 tsp of lemon rind finely grated/
2 tbs Tahini
1 tbs olive oil
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
10 vine leaves (you can get these on Amazon if you can find them in a grocery store, they usually come in a jar)
- take the cauliflower and chop up super fine as if it were "rice". You can also use the pre packaged Cauliflower rice from Trader joes to save time of need be.
- Once rice is chopped, pre heat fry pan and lightly spray with coconut oil. Add the chopped cauliflower to the pan and sautée on a low heat with the lemon juice, sumac, salt and pepper. Remove from heat as the cauliflower begins to turn slightly transparent.
- Place cauliflower in a medium mixing bowl. Add the tahini, olive oil and herbs and mix thoroughly. You mix is now ready to rock!
- Take you vine leaves, rinse them thoroughly and lay flat shiny side down.
- Take 2 tbs of the cauliflower mix and place in the middle of the base of the vine leaf. And now it's time to roll!
- Bring the two sides into the center and begin to roll your Dolmade up tight, keeping it compact the entire time.
- Place the stuffed vine leaf opening down on a plate and move on to the next one. Repeat this until the mixture is gone.
- Now that they are rolled, lightly spray /or drizzle the Dolmades with olive oil, sprinkle with dill and the remaining lemon rind and you have yourself a delicious Greek treat.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
- These can be served as an appetizer among friends or as a great snack.