Roses and cacao, does it get any more loved up than that?! Whether it's for a loved one or just to show yourself some serious selflove these collagen filled, super food chocolates are where it's at this Valentine's Day.
1/2 cup Cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 &1/4 cup Cacao powder
1/4 cup collagen peptides
3 dates soaked (optional)
8 drops rose oil
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Soak dates in 3 tbs of hot water and leave to the side.
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil together, I would do this Bain marie style, (sauce pan of boiling water, with a bowl of the cacao & coconut floating on top) This technique will gently melt the ingredients without spoiling them. Once melted transfer to a bullet blender.
- Drain the dates, add to the bullet along with all other ingredients. Blend until this is thoroughly combined and looking super glossy.
- Pour mix into choc molds or you can do what i did and use a rubber ice cube tray. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and a touch of pink Himalayan sea salt and these bad boys are ready for the fridge.
- depending on the thickness, these could take anywhere from 20-60 mins to set.
- Once set pop them out, give them to your loved ones or give yourself some love and enjoy this decadent treat. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.